If the bruise does not have an accompanying scratch, there is no risk of infection. If however, a bruise is the result of a fall that has broken the skin, it’s essential that it’s cared for correctly. Follow these steps to ensure you protect your wound the right way:
• Stop any bleeding by applying pressure to the wound.
• Clean the wound or scratch with a little disinfectant mixed with water.
• Remove any dirt from the wound with a cotton cloth.
• Apply an anti-bacterial product such as Vaseline petroleum jelly GermSafe
to the wound to protect it from any germs. It has excellent anti-bacterial properties and keeps 99.9% of germs out, whilst still locking in moisture. Also, by regularly applying it to the cut or wound, you’ll diminish scarring.
• Cover the wound or scratch with a plaster.